Wednesday

The Book of Joan:Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation by Melissa Rivers

The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and ManipulationThe Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation by Melissa Rivers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked it. I think there's a nice balance of humor and sentiment. So, just when you think you're going to have to grab the tissues, you find yourself laughing instead. A merry heart does good like a medicine, and I found this book to have a cathartic effect, and I can imagine that it had the same effect on Melissa as she wrote it.
I personally think where the negative reviews are coming in is because people are expecting this to be in the same style as Joan, but Melissa is her own person, and I think this is both a tribute to Joan and a healing process for Melissa.

*FTC Disclosure: I recieved this book free from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment