Saturday

The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Prose Poetry: Contemporary Poets in Discussion and Practice

The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Prose Poetry: Contemporary Poets in Discussion and PracticeThe Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Prose Poetry: Contemporary Poets in Discussion and Practice by Gary L. McDowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, this book is a treasure. You’ve heard the question, if you were stranded on a desert island, what one book would you want to have with you? This is the one I’m taking with me.
This book fed my two souls, the one that belongs to the writer part of me and the one that belongs to the reader part of me. Not only is it jam packed with gorgeous prose poetry, but the essays themselves are as evocative and sensual as the poems.
Also, this isn’t one of those books you buy only to be disappointed in the length. This one is substantial and so satisfying.
If you love reading prose poetry, you need this one in your hands. And if you want to learn the craft, I can’t think of any better source than The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Prose Poetry. Highly recommend it to all my writer friends.
Time luxuriously spent.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment