Wednesday

Book Review: Fire and Smoke by Chris Lilly

Fire and Smoke: A Pitmaster's SecretsFire and Smoke: A Pitmaster's Secrets by Chris Lilly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I normally read and review mostly fiction, but I thought I would peek at a few cookbooks this year, too, and I'm glad I chose this one.
What I like about this book is that it is thorough. The recipes are great, but there's also a section on the different types of grills, and there's all kinds of tips throughout the book. And when it comes to the actual recipes, it's not just your typical meats. There's also cocktails (yes, on the grill!), appetizers, side dishes, rubs and sauces, and there's even a section of recipes for what to do with all those leftovers.
Beautiful photos and easy to understand instructions.
This one has it all.
Time richly spent.
*FTC Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for my review, and the opinions in this review are my own.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment