Sunday

Book Review: The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1)The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked it. Let me clarify– I liked the story and I enjoyed the writing style. The flaw with this book is not the book itself, it's the marketing of the book. Whoever decided to compare it to The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones did the book a huge disservice. Fans of those types of novels are going into this with preconceived ideas based on the blurbs, and they are being let down. If you're going to make promises like that, you're going to have to live up to it.
This novel could have done well on its own without those blurbs and had they not been there, I think the ratings would have been much higher.
Still, time well spent.

*FTC Disclosure: I received this book free through the Goodreads Giveaways and the opinions in this review are my own.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment